PROFESSIONAL ACTOR DEMO REELS
Friday June 29th + Saturday June 30th in San Diego (multiple locations of the shoots TBA)
For Actors of all Types & Ages!
LET’S GET REEL!
Bottom Line: A good demo reel is any actors foot in the door! It's typically the first impression of a casting director, agent and/or manager (the ones that can get you auditions and meetings) and it’s likely the last thing the director and producers will review before making their final casting choices. It’s essentially an advertisement of YOU… convincing the viewers that you are the one they should spend their time, energy & money on. Because you only get one chance to make a first impression… our award-winning team make sure it's professional, high quality, and showcases the best you've got!
WHAT YOUR DEMO REEL WILL INCLUDE:
- 1-4 personalized, ORIGINAL short scenes that are written specifically for our project & customized individually for each actor.
- 1 hour private skype/facetime coaching session with coach, Shauna Markey, to prep your scenes for the shoot.
- All demos are shot using high-definition 4K cameras and using a professional director, videographer, lighting and sound team.
- Final edited version digitally delivered to you within 3-4 weeks.
- A personal consultation to determine the types of scenes that will showcase your range as an actor and create an emotional response to encourage viewers to work with you!!
SAN DIEGO PROFESSIONAL HOLIDAY SHOWS AUDITION PREP WORKSHOP
Monday June 4th
at a Studio in La Jolla Village
JOIN US FOR THIS EXCLUSIVE DANCING, SINGING, ACTING WORKSHOP AS WE:
- Teach you Choreography similar to what you will encounter in your audition(s).
- Fine tune your audition song & interview skills to have you stand out from the rest!
- Give you tips & tricks on how to look and BE a ‘professional’ throughout the whole process.
- Make sure you’re telling an amazing, powerful stories in your song.
- Learn effective, proven audition techniques that will help you book the job!
LEAD & PRESENTED BY:
TAMLYN BROOK SHUSTERMAN | Broadway Artist & Expert Musical Theatre Dance Teacher
SHAUNA MARKEY | Broadway, National Tour and International Tour Performing Artist & Musical Theatre Acting Coach
KARYN OVERSTREET VOCAL STUDIO | Broadway Experienced Singing Teacher & Vocal Coach
SAN DIEGO ACTING ‘FUN’DAMENTALS CLASS
Mondays 4:30 - 6:30pm
March 26th - April 30th
at Liberty Station
JOIN US FOR A FUN-FILLED INTENSIVE WORKOUT WHERE WE WILL...
- TEACH you how to make strong acting choices quickly in ALL your Scripts, TV/Film Sides, Commercials.
- STRENGTHEN your acting, interview, Q & A and cold reading skills.
- Learn to TRUST your acting choices in your scenes, scripts, songs, and even dance.
- FREE YOU UP physically to embrace and explore all your characters from head to toe.
- Give you the CONFIDENCE to walk into any audition or performance powerfully and ready to play!
Date & Location: TBD
Is your child constantly saying they want to perform and be in show business, but you don’t know where or how to begin? Do you think they may have what it takes to be successful in the biz? Join noted Hollywood acting coach, director, and working professional actress Shauna Markey as we take an in-depth look at what it really takes to be a performer (or parent of a performer) who turns their dreams into reality!
- Find out about all the different TOOLS needed to get started and to succeed in show business and what LA & Hollywood requires.
- Who do you need on your young actors TEAM? Agent vs. Manager.. or both? How and where do you find a good one? And how do you know they’re really working for you?
- How to use the INTERNET and SOCIAL MEDIA safely and effectively to make sure your young actor succeeds?
- GETTING THE JOBS. Where are the auditions? And what can you do to better increase the odds of bookin’?
- Yay! YOU BOOKED THE JOB!! Now what?!? What to look out for and be aware of when your actor gets the job plus tips and tricks on how to keep them bookin’ more!
“Being cast as “the mom” in Commercial and TV shows has not only given me the opportunity to see and know first hand exactly what’s expected of kids & young adults on the set, but also to develop an effective technique on how to prepare young actors to have strong, competitive auditions!” — Shauna Markey
AGENT WORKSHOP WITH LAURA THEDE AND BRI CURTIS FROM DDO KIDS
Date & Location: TBA
For young performers only (including legal 18 and older to play younger).
Laura Thedes and Bri Curtis, with DDO Kids, are outstanding examples of great people and effective agents who are terrific members of a young performer's "team." They will be coming to our Long Beach location for an afternoon of Q&A, and to read actors. This workshop is not a guarantee of representation. It is an opportunity to get feedback on your performance from two of the top youth agents in the business right now, and to ask questions about an agent's role in shaping young careers, to find out in what agencies are looking for, and to learn more about the "business of the business."
LONG BEACH ACTING, AUDITION & IMPROV CLASSES
All classes are taught by Shauna Markey and Bethany Price, guaranteeing individualized instruction tailored to each student's needs and ability. The classes are structured to be student-focused, so each actor progresses at his or her own pace, while benefiting from the group work and ensemble experience. The final class session of each series is open to parents, family and friends so that they can enjoy a brief look at what the students have been learning.
KIDS CLASS (suggested ages 4-7) Sundays, 1:30-2:20pm
Creative Play, Public Speaking, Simple Scenes & Strengthening the Voice
For our youngest performers: Individualized, ongoing training in confident and clear speech, listening skills, emotional imagination, storytelling, and improvisation - designed for early and pre-readers. We work to both challenge our students and showcase their strengths.
YOUTH NOVICE CLASS (suggested ages 8+) Sundays, 2:30-4pm
Improvisation, Public Speaking and Simple Scenes
Individualized, ongoing training in improvisation, simple scene work, public speaking, and audition technique. Emphasis is on building trust with yourself and with others, listening, making strong choices as an actor, and becoming intentional in all aspects of performance. Excellent class for building confidence on stage, on-camera, and in life.
YOUTH / TEEN CLASS (suggested ages 11+) Sundays, 2:30-4pm
Action, Intention, Meaning - Making sure your AIM is TRUE
Individualized, ongoing training in improvisation, scene work, public speaking, and audition technique. Emphasis is on building trust with yourself and with others, listening, making strong choices as an actor, and becoming intentional in all aspects of performance. Excellent class for building confidence on stage, on-camera, and in life.
WORKING PROS CLASS (by Invitation/Audition Only!) Sundays, 8pm
[ For students with professional experience or equivalent training - if you're not sure this is for you, please call. ]
Improv and Audition Workouts/Scene Study
Ongoing audition workouts along with character-based improv work in every class. Improv every class. This class is for students currently working in the industry at a professional level or those ready and actively engaged in seeking representation and a career as a performer. Work outside of class is expected from all participants in this class and is necessary in order for actors to progress and grow at this level.
CASTING DIRECTOR INTENSIVE WITH KELLY KNOX
Date & Location: TBA
Kelly has been involved in film, casting, directing and producing for over 20 years. He has been working in commercial casting for over a decade and just recently started casting for films as well. He’s worked as casting associate with several renowned LA casting directors such as SHANE CASTING and BAD GIRLS CASTING. He’s also work on such huge campaigns as Progressive Insurance, “Flo”, Dos Equis “Most Interesting Man in the World”, Expedia.com with William Shatner, as well as casting for Gus Van Sant, Wes Anderson and thousands more! Join us for this exclusive workshop as Kelly helps you:
- Discover and be clear on how exactly the Casting Process works.
- Learn what your audition and callback expectations are from Casting Directors, Producers & Clients.
- Discover how to market yourself to standout from the rest!
- Fine tune Your Own Unique audition and performance strengths & skills.
- Learn effective audition techniques that will help you book the job!
So everyone received individual attention, space is limited. Register today!
ORANGE COUNTY SONG & DANCE PREMIERE PERFORMING ARTS CAMP
Date, Time & Location: TBA
Join Star You Already Are instructor, SHAUNA MARKEY, down in Orange County at one of Southern California’s premiere performing arts camp, OC Song & Dance! This 10 day training program is staffed by the industry’s top professionals. Come hone your audition & performance skills in a positive, professional environment. Work with agents, musical directors, and actors on your audition songs, vocal techniques, musical theater, as well as commercial and television workshops. This is for both aspiring performers and dedicated young professionals who wants to learn and grow, while being seen by working directors and choreographers.
SAN DIEGO MUSICAL THEATRE'S SUMMER MASTER SERIES
Date & Time: TBA
What are you doing to sharpen your audition & performing skills this summer? Join Star You Already Are owner & instructor, SHAUNA MARKEY, down in San Diego for SD Musical Theatre's Summer Master Series! Train with top professional performers, instructors, and coaches on sharping your Musical Theatre, Voice-Over and Commercial skills.